Isao Machii Sensei.Isao Machii (町井勲), born August 20, 1973, is a Japanese Iaido master (Shūshinryū Iaijutsu hyōhō, Shūshin-kan headmaster) in Kawanishi, Hyogo, Japan. He holds a number of Guinness World Records for his katana skills, including:
- Most martial arts sword cuts to one mat (Suegiri)
- Fastest 1,000 martial arts sword cuts
- Most sword cuts to straw mats in three minutes
- Fastest tennis ball (820km/h) cut by sword
- First Session: “The importance of the center axis, learning the meaning of kamae (stance)”
- First 45min: using a bokken, in pairs with a partner
- Second 45min: seigan, haso, side kamae (waki-kamae), the meaning of the 4 fundamental gedan (lower) kamae and the ideal kamae
- Second Session: “What is kesagiri? Learing the fundamentals of kenjutsu”
- First 30min: using a bokken, in pairs with a partner. Studying kesagiri from the right and left, in three stages; kesa-uchikomi from the right and left.
- Next 30min: Kesa-kirikomi
- Next 30min: Kesagiri
- Third Session: “Receiving softly, moving softly”
- First 30min: Triangular receiving from a straight forward stance (Makou no sankaku uke)
- Next 60min: Using the Shushinryu Iaijutsu Heiho #7 partner practice, “Gekkou,” studying receiving softly without using unnecessary strength and moving softly.
Please register for each 1.5-hour session that you plan to attend. Until each session sells out, you may register for as many as you wish.